Ensuring the safety of our customer, staff and producers We are observing our existing arrangements for food safety as required under our Food Control Plan and workplace health & safety.
We will ensure that all our staff and producers are aware of the requirements under our registered food control plan. In addition, we observe the following basic hygiene measures at all times while the COVID- 19 rules are in place, in addition to the standard rules under our Food Control Plan:
- Washing hands often (for at least 20 seconds) and drying them thoroughly.
- Coughing or sneezing into your elbow or tissue and binning the tissue immediately.
- Regular cleaning of frequently touched surfaces and items such as tools and doorknobs.
- Avoid touching face, eyes, mouth and nose if your hands are not clean.
- Keeping your physical distance (no less than 2 metres) and staying home if you feel unwell.
The need for us all to observe these hygiene basics, at work as well as in the home, is critical to limiting interactions and reducing the spread of COVID-19.
Pure Wairarapa staff will be fully trained in all aspects of the Protocol prior to starting work for us.
Before, during and after work staff also commit to:
- Observing social distancing while travelling to and from work and during meal and rest breaks; and
- Maintaining their social bubble and staying at home while not at work.
At Pure Wairarapa gloves and hair nets are worn as standard when preparing food and handling unpackaged food. Under COVID-19 rules staff may also access:
- Face masks (where physical distancing cannot be maintained e.g. in vehicles or personal contact)
- Hand sanitisers & wipes (after opening gates etc during deliveries or personal contact)